10 Tips On How To Reverse Diabetes Naturally
While diabetes medications, insulin injections and other tools and resources which can help control blood glucose levels and are big business and can cost a diabetic at least $10,000.00, there are many natural ways that can be even more effective at managing glucose levels in addition to being inexpensive. Do remember that type 1 diabetes is irreversible and is not preventable but making healthy changes will help reduce symptoms and complication. Diabetes type 2 symptoms on the other hand can not just be prevented but can also be reversed. Here are 10 tips on how to reverse diabetes naturally.
The way to Reverse Diabetes Naturally
1. Step one of course is prevention. An important way to reduce your chance of developing diabetes is always to keep your weight under control. At least 80 percent of those with type 2 diabetes are obese. Weight problems are believed to lead to insulin resistance which raises the chance of developing pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes.
2. Once you have this disease, one essential step on how to reverse diabetes naturally is with your diet. Diet is in the centre of any diabetes treatment solution. The elements of the diet that directly impact your blood glucose is carbohydrates and sugar which are turned into glucose (simple sugars) from the body which is then released into the blood.
The hormone insulin will then be produced by the beta cells inside the pancreas and faced with removing this glucose from the blood and transferring it to the various cells of the body. Glucose is needed by the cells in your body because it provides the fuel or energy necessary for day to day activities. This is why many diabetics have problems with fatigue and weakness. Due to malfunctioning insulin as a result of insulin resistance or perhaps the body not producing enough or any insulin, glucose remains in the blood has the effect of starving the cells of the fuel they need.
Since carbohydrates and sugar affect blood sugar levels, you will need to make changes with one of these. Important changes you will have to make include eliminating refined carbohydrates. These include all the "white" foods produced from refined grains for example white rice, white pasta, white bread, etc. These are devoid of nutrients including fiber and lift blood sugar levels the fastest since they travel through the digestive system quickly because they contain nothing for your system to grab hold on to so that you can slow the digestion process which ends up in blood sugar spikes.
As opposed to refined carbs, switch to complex carbs which can be digested slower from the body which can help to manage blood sugar levels and prevent blood sugar spikes.
Sugar is yet another factor that you have to consider if you are considering steps regarding how to reverse diabetes naturally. Since sugar directly affects glucose levels you will have to consider lowering the amount of sugar you take in.
You may need to eliminate white sugar and foods which contain high amounts of processed sugar. Take into account that you may not need to eliminate sugar entirely but do know about how it can affect your glucose levels and make adjustments accordingly on how much to eat so when. Instead of eating sweet desserts every day, you may want to have a small little bit of dessert once a week or once a month and so forth.
Fruits contain natural sugars (fructose) but as fruits contain many other beneficial vitamins and minerals, they must be okay to include over a diabetic diet that will tend to vary from one diabetic to another.
3. If your sugar levels are incredibly high, one of the best approaches to lower the levels very quickly is with exercise. Exercise is a crucial step as well as diet in order to reverse diabetes naturally. Exercise has many benefits for the overall health and well being from the mind, body and spirit. For anyone with diabetes, exercise has got the added benefit of being able to boost the sensitivity of the cells in the body to insulin which assists promote the movement of glucose from your blood to the cells where it is needed.
Before starting any workout program, do check with your doctor because some exercises may not be suitable for a diabetic especially if you have developed certain diabetes related complications including foot problems, vision problems, etc.
4. Fiber is an important aspect of how to reverse diabetes naturally because it helps to slow down the digestive process which helps to prevent blood sugar spikes. In addition to the fiber you get from complex carbohydrates discussed above, other excellent causes of fiber include fruits, vegetables, legumes, etc.
Dietary fiber which is abundant is foods like beans is particularly important because it becomes gel like when along with water which decelerates digestion as it travels through the digestive tract while really helps to control blood sugar levels.
Fiber is also important for any weight loss program because it will help you feel fuller sooner which will prevent overeating. Since many diabetics are overweight, incorporating more fiber inside the diet can not only help control glucose levels but can also help with weight loss.
5. Significantly reduce and sometimes eliminate foods that contain saturated fats and trans fats. Trans fats (found in margarine for instance) needs to be eliminated entirely which goes for everyone and not just diabetics. Saturated fats increase the risk of heart disease within the general population. For those who have diabetes who are already at an increased risk of heart disease, saturated fats can make an already bad situation worse.
In addition to increasing the risk of heart disease, saturated fats can lead to insulin resistance which can lead to pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes. Fatty foods are commonly found in red meats, higher fat dairy products, etc. Replace fatty foods with healthy fats (monounsaturated and polyunsaturated essential fatty acids) commonly found in olives, essential olive oil, flaxseed oil, various seeds and nuts, cold water fish, etc. Making small changes gradually may have a huge impact within your fight against diabetes.
6. Think about adding cinnamon as certain compounds present in cinnamon have been shown to be capable of lowering blood sugar levels by helping the cells in the body absorb glucose like insulin and in addition help the body utilize blood sugar levels better.
7. Learn how to effectively manage the worries in your life. Stress can raise blood glucose levels because it causes the release of stress hormones. Stress also affects your blood sugar levels indirectly because it can cause overeating, not exercising, etc. A report showed that diabetics who had been able to lower their stress levels were able to lower their blood sugar levels so stress management is very important for diabetics.
8. Another of the important tips on how to reverse diabetes naturally is to consider adding nutritional supplements containing vitamins C, D and E and minerals such as magnesium, zinc, and calcium. These nutritional supplements can help reduce the risk of diabetes related complications such as heart disease, eye disease and nerve damage. Glowing help cells be more sensitive to insulin and significantly lower blood glucose levels.
9. In order to prevent blood glucose level spikes, you might want to consider eating several small meals a day instead of two or three large meals resulted in more glucose levels than insulin can handle.
10. Change your mind and you will change your life. Take control of your health. While doctors and lots of other health practitioners is a source of helpful tips and resources, you should always be in the driver's seat. You will need to be proactive to learn various alternative therapies and information that will help you overcome diabetes or manage diabetes better. A lot of it will require trial and error. You should be confident in your ability to find the answers and methods to help you manage this chronic disease.
Even though you learn how to manage your blood glucose levels, there may be instances when you could experience rapid swings in blood glucose levels due to stress, certain medications, particular foods you eat, etc. Anticipating and accepting these instances will allow you to move forward quicker by viewing these like a small bump in the road and not a significant catastrophe that derails all your efforts to manage your blood sugar levels.
You are more than able to conquering diabetes. You must believe that in order to make the required changes you need to make and either reverse this condition or comfortably manage diabetes whilst keeping symptoms and complications low.